Nordion, a sponsor of IMRP 2016, welcomes you to the vibrant city of Vancouver, British Columbia, for the 18th International Meeting on Radiation Processing (IMRP) from November 7-10, 2016.
About IMRP 2016
The International Meeting on Radiation Processing is the premier global event showcasing radiation technology and research for industrial applications such as healthcare sterilization, food processing, materials modification and more. Held every two to three years, IMRP provides a rare opportunity to bring together builders and users of this technology in a forum that is designed to foster innovation, collaboration and education.
There are five strands that will be explored:
Healthcare – Strand sessions tailored to the Medical Device Manufacturing industry to understand challenges in radiation sterilization. Download the IMRP Healthcare Flyer.
Advanced Materials – Topics on the latest research into materials synthesis and new applications radiation in selective material properties. Download the Advanced Materials Flyer.
Gamma Technologies – Updates on the status of cobalt-60 supply, transportation, disposal and security globally as well as the latest in equipment design. Download the Gamma Technologies Flyer.
E-beam and X-ray Technologies – New and emerging technologies for accelerator applications in radiation processing. Download the E-beam/X-ray Technologies Flyer.
Other Applications – Topics relating to the irradiation of food for safety and phytosanitary purposes as well as other new and unique applications for radiation.
REGISTER to attend IMRP2016
Talk with Nordion Representatives at Booth #26/28
In its 70th year of business, Nordion continues its tradition of strength and innovation in the irradiation industry. While we are best known as the world’s leading supplier of Cobalt-60, it’s our leadership, advocacy, resourcefulness and partnering that are the foundation of our mission to improve the health and well-being of people around the globe.
We are an industry LEADER in gamma technologies
- Nordion has provided the highest quality and reliable products and services with a long-term commitment to industry for 50+ years
- Nordion is the growth engine for gamma technology
We are an ADVOCATE for gamma users worldwide
- Nordion is actively involved in industry groups such as the iia, GIPA, ISSpA, IAEA, AAMI, ISO, ASTM and CORAR
- Nordion continues to invest in the long-term health of our industry through partnerships to strengthen the supply of Cobalt-60 globally
We are a valuable PARTNER for your long-term success
- Nordion is committed to Cobalt-60 Life Cycle Management from source to disposal
- Nordion has the capability to customize reliable gamma solutions to meet your specific requirements
We are a RESOURCE when you need one
- Nordion stepped up to supply the industry when you needed us
- Nordion provides value-added products and services to support the sale, use and management of Cobalt-60
We invite you to drop by our booth. Let’s talk about how Nordion can help your business succeed.
Hear from Nordion Speakers
Nordion representations will be presenting at IMRP 2016.
Tuesday, November 8, 3:30-5:30pm
- Poster Session
- 3:30 pm: Emily Craven – Mathematical Modelling in Validation Planning of Gamma Irradiation for a Global Surgical Implant Company
- 4:00 pm: Tom Wasiak – Source Surveillance Program
- 4:30 pm: Fatima Hasanain – Special Processing Capabilities for New Applications Development at Nordion’s Gamma Centre of Excellence
- 4:30pm: Chris Howard – Evaluating Possible Limitations in Applying Effective Density in Performance Qualification for Health Care
- 4:45 pm: Tom Wasiak – Use of C-188 Sources in Wet Source Storage Gamma Irradiators
Wednesday, November 9
- Cobalt-60 Source Supply, Transportation, Security and Disposal
- 10:50-11:10 am: Richard Wiens – A Billion Curies and Counting: Ensuring Cobalt-60 Supply and Disposal for Decades to Come
- Process Control Challenges and Interpretations
- 1:30-1:50 pm: Larry Winn – The Wizard Behind the Curtain – Thick Shields and Sterility; How Do We Know?
- Mathematical Modelling in Radiation Processing Applications
- 3:30-3:50 pm: Chris Howard – Applications of Mathematical Modelling in Production Irradiators
Thursday, November 10
- 9:10-9:30 am: Larry Winn – Maintaining the Cold Chain During the Irradiation Process
- 1:55-2:35 pm: Emily Craven – Closing Plenary
Check out more poster presentations from our Partners
- Tue Nov 8 at 3:30 pm: Byron J Lambert, Abbott, Forthcoming Revision to ISO 11137-3, Guidance on Dosimetric Aspects of Development, Validation and Routine Control – Foundations for Radiation Sterilization Process Control Accounting for Uncertainty
- Tue Nov 8 at 4:00 pm: Lisa C. Davison, Queen’s University Belfast, Controlled Temperature Gamma Irradiation of PLGA for Bioresorbable Medical Devices
- Tue Nov 8 at 4:45 pm: Malcolm McEwen, National Research Council Canada, Establishing a Canadian-traceable calibration of high-dose rate Co-60 and electron radiation sources: calibration capabilities of NRC and Nordion
- Tue Nov 8 at 5:00 pm: Yeudiel Gómez-Simuta, Fruit Fly Program SAGARPA/IICA MEXICO, Gamma Radiation for SIT Application in México
You can access the entire program at https://cm.imrp-iia.com/mobis/programme