Training: Radiation Safety in Industrial Irradiation Operations
The objective of the Radiation Safety in Industrial Irradiation Operations course is to provide participants with a basic understanding of radiation safety principles, procedures, and practices relevant to industrial irradiation operations. The course is designed to meet the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (U.S.N.R.C.) requirements as part of the training of irradiator operators.
This course is primarily intended for irradiator operators, maintenance staff, and facility managers. It is also appropriate for senior management or owners who have no previous experience with industrial irradiation operations.
Frequency and Duration
This five-day course is offered once to twice a year. Additional courses can be scheduled for groups of five or more. This course can also be delivered at other locations.
- Radioactivity: What it is, how it occurs, characteristics, units of measure
- Radiation Effects: Biological, materials, low and high doses
- Shielding: Absorption, protection methods, shielding calculations
- Administrative Controls: Record keeping, incident reporting, emergency procedures
- Monitoring and Measurement: Instruments, calibration and operation, survey techniques, personnel and facility monitoring
Access our state-of-the-art facility for precision and scale, uniformity, and world-class expertise in dosimetry, calibration and precise dose delivery of gamma.
Come to our first-class physicists and chemists with a challenging material, and you’ll walk away with a process that allows for gamma sterilization.
Leverage the gamma experts at one of the world’s most sophisticated gamma processing facilities and receive high-value hands-on irradiator training experience.More