Training: Radiation Safety Review for Irradiator Operators
The objective of the Radiation Safety Review for Irradiator Operators course is to ensure continued safe operation of an irradiation facility, proper training of operating personnel, and to meet training regulations. The course is also recommended as a procedural review for a radiation facility.
This annual short course is designed specifically for irradiator operators and persons with irradiator access to meet United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (U.S.N.R.C.), 10 CFR 36 requirements.
Frequency and Duration
This one-day course is designed to be delivered on site using client-supplied facilities. This course is also available on request at Nordion’s Gamma Centre of Excellence (GCE) for five or more participants.
- Changes in operating and emergency procedures
- Changes in license conditions
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) reports on accidents, mistakes or problems at irradiators
- Relevant results of inspections
- Relevant results of facilities' operational quality assurance (QA) plans
- Drills to practice emergency and operating procedures
- Lessons to be learned
- Review of safety systems
- Review of biological effects
- Review of radiation physics and units
- Personnel monitoring