Medical Isotope Products
Nordion is recognized worldwide for the processing, packaging, and delivery of medical isotopes, which aid millions of people around the world.
Our focus on safety, quality, and customer service has made us a world leader. Furthermore, we are a trusted source for a breadth of critical isotopes required in diagnostic procedures, treatments, and research.
We have an unparalleled base of technical expertise and production capabilities. State-of-the-art facilities provide a reliable supply of isotopes to customers around the world.
We offer a variety of packaging options:
- All Nordion transport containers conform to regulations specified by relevant international and domestic regulatory authorities
- Where possible, shipments are made in non-returnable disposable transport containers
- For larger quantities, returnable transport containers can be used
World-class Delivery Service
Our proven distribution system is world recognized for its sophistication and responsiveness. Our unique, software-based order management system and carefully planned transportation logistics ensure that products reach their destination on time and usually in less than 24 hours.
Adherence to Regulatory Requirements
We follow the regulatory requirements established by The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) and the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (US NRC). Both the CNSC and US NRC require that, prior to release of radioactive shipments, we must verify that purchasers of radioactive materials—regardless of their location in the world—possess all authorization permitting them to possess the quantities of radioactive materials being shipped.
If you plan to purchase isotopes from Nordion, please note the following:
- Isotopes enter the U.S. duty-free. We routinely arrange clearance through U.S. Customs for goods shipped from Canada.
- For shipments outside of the U.S. and Canada, the purchaser is responsible for the clearance of shipments consigned to them